Your face will never be complete without your brows. Eyebrows are very important facial features as they frame and help provide balance to our face. Full, well-shaped brows may provide a youthful look while sexy arched brows would be perfect for a more matured look.
Even without eye makeup, well-groomed brows are a must. I personally have sparse brows, and it used to be a challenge to have nice luxurious brows until I learned the basics and practiced on it everyday.
First, you’ll need a good brow brush–my favorite is Marionnaud’s angled brow brush with a spoolie on the other end. Second, of course, you’ll be needing a brow kit. While others would like to use eyebrow pencils to fill in their brows, I prefer using brow kits as they appear to look more natural.
Whatever face shape you have, this tip will work for anyone:
- The spoolie brush is a great tool when you’re filling in the brow. First, brush up the brows to see their true shape and thickness
- If you find strays, tweeze them or trim with scissors
- Fill in any sparseness using mini, featherlike strokes instead of strong lines–make sure to follow your own brow shape, and go lightly
- Brush again with spoolie to diffuse the strokes and create a more natural brows
- Creating full, well-shaped brows is buildable–you can start light and go back with more strokes if you want a stronger, more defined brows
- Seal with a brow gel or clear mascara to keep your brows in shape and make it last throughout the day
Here’s the basics on how to arch your brows:
- To determine where the brow should begin, imagine a straight line from the outside edge of your nose up to the inside corner of your eye. The inner corner of the brow should begin along this line.
- Next, angle the straight edge so that it lines up with the outermost edge of your nose and the middle of your pupil–that’s how you’ll get you arch.
- Lastly, angle the straight edge further so that it touches the outermost edge of your nose and also passes along the outermost edge of your eye . This tells you where the eyebrow should end.