From the girl who never does anything in the kitchen but eat, I can’t believe that this is my fourth recipe on Couchwasabi to date.
Anyway, I was inspired to make my own homemade mashed potatoes after tasting Outback’s unbelievably good version. Without further ado, here’s what you need:
- 800g medium to large potatoes
- 80g butter
- 1-2cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until the skin has cracked–that’s roughly about 20-30minutes.
- Drain the potatoes from the boiled water and let it cool down a bit then carefully peel off the skin.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or, in this case, I used two forks to mash them all nice and smoothly.
- I season it with salt and pepper while mashing so the spices are perfectly blended in the potatoes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once fully melted, mix it in the potato along with milk.
- Mix well until nice and smooth. Season with more salt and pepper, as needed.
Once everything is mixed all nicely, you can serve it in a nice coffee cup like this:
Remember, a good mashed potato does not need any gravy. It should taste good being consumed alone.
I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe. Do you have other spins for making your mashed potatoes? Let me know through comments! <3
Let me know what you think through the comment box below. Follow me on Twitter for more day to day updates.